22 Things that Jeremiah’s Ranch Accomplished in 2016
At Jeremiah’s Ranch board meeting in May 2017, Board Member Kim Bruce presented Jeremiah’s Ranch accomplishments for 2016. Jeremiah’s Ranch continued to create community. Here is our list:
- Jeremiah’s Ranch (JR) celebrated its 6th year of Special Olympics for Aquatics and Basketball.
- Board President Linda White met with Laura from ARC in San Marcos to discuss business opportunities for Jeremiah’s Ranch
- The College of Adaptive Education (CAE) continues to offer informative and fun classes and enters its 3rd year in 2017.
- Jeremiah’s Ranch Support Group continues to grow. We have over 380 names on our mailing list. Lenila Batali arranged for informative guests to speak at our Support Group meetings.
- We had a Fourth of July Dance Party and Christmas/Holiday Party for our participants. We also had field trips to the Museum of Making Music in Carlsbad and a party at Oceanside Beach.
- Debra Muzikar finished renovating and improving Jeremiah Ranch’s new WordPress website.
- JR had a community garage sale at Emmanual Baptist Church.
- JR received $10,000 from the Marjorie Mosher Schmidt Foundation, $12,500 from Fallbrook Regional Health District, $5000 from Grange in San Marcos, and a $3000 donation from Peck Family Foundation.
- A Board decision was made to start with a smaller piece of land for one house and a community center, if it presented itself. We transferred money from our general fund to our land fund.
- Kerri McDaniels joined the College of Adaptive Education Advisory Board
- Lenila Batali implemented the “Social Club” for adults and children with developmental disabilities who attend J.R. Support Group meetings.
- Sandy Kanczuezewski became an advisory board member for Area Board 13.
- JR set up a booth at both the Myrtle Creek Mother’s Day event and the Fallbrook Health District events that happened to be on the same day in May 2016.
- Our May 2016 fundraiser at Myrtle Creek netted approximately $5500. Davidson Communities provided a matching donation. 13-year old Dane Hansen raised $1500 himself.
- CAE artists had an exhibit at Myrtle Creek’s restaurant.
- Pauline Williams and Debra Muzikar coordinated and put on a tech workshop where Board and Committee members learned how to use and implement Google Drive.
- An Administrative position was created for CAE.
- JR joined the Fallbrook and Bonsall Chambers of Commerce and presented at the Bonsall Rotary. JR hosted a Sundowner for the Bonsall Chamber of Commerce at Z Cafe in Bonsall.
- Sandi Anderson, Sandy Kanczuezewski and Judi Hayden all stepped down from being on JR commitees due to personal reasons. Vi Dupres and Bruce Bevans became regular participants at our board and committee meetings.
- Lenila Batali created an assistance/respite fund for families who may be experiencing unexpected or adverse situations.
- Linda White’s Supportive Living Model was approved by the San Diego Regional Center.
- Kathy Fortenberry donated 10 percent of her profits from real estate sales she made. Read about why Jeremiah’s Ranch is important to Kathy here.